Mount Olive Middle School is one of six Wayne County Public Schools with a WISH Health Center. WISH stands for Wayne Initiative for School Health. Our purpose is to provide affordable, accessible physical and mental health services to the students we serve. The staff of WISH consists of a registered nurse, physicians assistant, mental health counselor, registered dietician, and health educator.
WISH provides comprehensive services that include:
- Medical evaluation including history, physical examination, routine lab test
- diagnosis and treatment of common medical conditions and minor injuries
- mental health services
- nutritional education and counseling
- dental screening and education
- health education
- stress management, substance abuse and prevention, exercise, abstinence teaching and sexually transmitted disease education, etc.
All students are eligible to participate in WISH. A Parental Consent Form must be completed each school year with parent/legal guardian signature to complete the medical record. Students with health insurance or Medicaid coverage will be asked to provide information for billing of mid-level provider, mental health and medical nutrition therapy services. There is no cost for routine care administered by the registered nurse.
The WISH center is open Monday through Friday during school hours. Students are seen by appointment or on a walk-in basis. Twenty four hour coverage seven days a week is provided by Goldsboro Pediatrics.
The goal of WISH is to help our students succeed in school by promoting healthy life-styles by providing comprehensive health care services to meet the needs of our students.